Local Welcoming Churches
High Country United Church of Christ
Sun: 11 AM
8233 Highway 421-N
Vilas, North Carolina, 28692
Christ's United Church
Service Sundays at 7PM
381 King St (Meets @ Boone Unitarian Fellowship)
Monthly Potluck at 5:30
For more information call Cindy 263-0057 or
Grace Lutheran Church
115 E. King Street
Sun: 9:30am Contemporary Service
Sun: 8:30am, 11:00am Traditional Service
Boone Friends Meeting (Quaker)
Sun: 10:30 AM
184 N. Water Street
Mailing: PO Box 301
Boone, NC 28607
Boone Unitarian Universalist
Sun: 11 AM
381 E. King Street
Boone, NC 28607
Viewpoints on Homosexuality and Christianity
Can a Homosexual Become and Remain a Christian?
An essay from religioustolerance.org
Why is the Church Failing to Minister to Youths and Adults struggling with Homosexuality?
Gay and Christian?
Gay and Christian- A Contradiction?
posts from gaycafe.com
Homosexuality and Christianity: Are they compatible?
Links to essays
Religion vs. Sexual Orientation: A Clash of Human Rights?
Bertha Wilson Lecture, 2002
(inclusive to all spiritual traditions and orientations- emphasis on Christian traditions and communities)
Viewpoints on Homosexuality and the Bible
An Analysis of Six Critical Texts Used to Condemn Homosexuality
Homosexuality and the Bible
LINQ Communications, 2002
Anglican Pages of Louie Crew
Check out his Lesbigay Christian Links page!
The Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists
Rainbow Baptists Homepage
Eastern and Orthodox
Eastern and Orthodox Gay and Lesbian Christians
Metropolitan Community Churches (MCC)
Affirmation-Gay and Lesbian Mormons
Seventh Day Adventist
Seventh-Day Adventist Kinship
SDA Kinship Homepage
The Society of Friends (Quaker)
United Methodists for GLBT Concerns
Reconciling Methodist Network
Network of Reconciling Congregations and Campus Ministries across the U.S.
Spiritual seekers often say that finding Unity is like coming home. Unity is an open-minded, accepting spiritual community that honors all paths to God and helps people discover and live their spiritual potential and purpose.
Jeff Herman Virtual Resource Center
Sexual orientation issues in the Jewish Community
Religious Act Center of Reformed Judaism
Gay and Lesbian Rights
World Congress of GLBT Jews
Group of over 65 global organizations
Al-Fatiha Foundation: An international organization dedicated to Muslims who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, those questioning their sexual orientation andor gender identity, as well as their families, friends, partners, and allies.
Queer Muslim Home Page: A page for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered Muslims, and for allies.
Queer Jihad: Queer Jihad is the queer Muslim struggle for acceptance: first, the struggle to accept ourselves as being exactly the way Allah has created us to be; and secondly, the struggle for acceptance and tolerance among Muslims in general. 'Jihad' is a misunderstood word: to the educated Muslim, it denotes the struggle with one's self, one's nafs, one baser, lower instincts, the struggle to do good, to be good, to put into practice the beliefs and values we claim to possess. Only in a secondary, technical sense does it mean 'holy war'. Thus, the 'queer jihad' is our own struggle with sexuality, with accepting it and dealing with it, and moving on.
Atheists and Humanists
National Gay and Lesbian Group
The Gay Baha'i Homepage
The Gay Buddhist Fellowship
Gay Buddhist Fellowship Homepage
Rainbow Alliance is a diverse group of people holding many beliefs, from all walks of life, joined in a spirit of global unity. The members of the Rainbow Alliance celebrate the birthright of all human beings: to be treated with dignity and equality.
Theosophical Society in America
Theosophical Society in America Homepage
The Unitarian Universalist Association Homepage
- A Right Wing and Prayer: The Religious Right and Your Public Schools by People for the American Way
- Coming Out Spiritually: The Next Step by Christian de la Huerta
- Do's & Don'ts of Dealing with the Religious Right by Marc Adams and Todd Tuttle
- Gay Soul: Finding the Heart of Gay Spirit and Nature by Mark Thompson
- Islamic Homosexualities: Culture, History, and Literature by Stephen O. Murray and Will Roscoe, Eds.
- Lesbian Nuns: Breaking Silence by Rosemary Curb, Ed.
- Living Proof: Courage in the Face of AIDS by Carolyn Jones
- The Lord Is My Shepard & He Knows I'm Gay by Rev. Troy D. Perry
- Making Love Visible: In Celebration of Gay and Lesbian Families by Geoff Manasser and Jean Swallow
- Out of the Bishop's Closet by Antonio A. Feliz
- The Preacher's Son by Marc Adams
- Queer Dharma: Voices of Gay Buddhists by Winston Leyland, Ed.
- Stranger at the Gate: To Be Gay and Christian in America by Mel White
- Twice Blessed: On Being Lesbian, Gay, and Jewish by Christie Balka and Andy Rose, Eds.
- Uncommon Calling: A Gay Man's Struggle to Serve the Church by Chris Glaser
- The Word Is Out: Daily Reflections on the Bible for Lesbians and Gay Men by Chris Glaser
- Wonderfully, Fearfully Made by Fr. Robert L. Arpin
- Blessed Bi Spirit: Bisexual People of Faith by Debra R. Kolodny, Ed.
- Coming Out As Sacrament by Chris Glaser
- Coming Out While Staying in: Struggles & Celebrations of LGB's in the Church by Leanne McCall Tigert
- Gay Theology Without Apology by Gary David Comstock
- Homosexuality and World Religions by Arlene Swidler, Ed.
- Identity and the Case for Gay Rights: Race, Gender, Religion As Analogies by David A. J. Richards
- Is the Homosexual My Neighbor?: A Positive Christian Response by Letha Dawson Scanzoni
- The Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement: Campaigning for Justice, Truth and Love by Sean Gill, Ed.
- More Than Welcome: Learning to Embrace GLBT Persons in the Church by Maurine C. Waun
- Openly Gay, Openly Christian: How the Bible Really Is Gay Friendly by Samuel Kader
- Our Tribe: Queer Folks, God, Jesus & the Bible (Millennium Edition) by Nancy Wilson
- Pastoral Care of Gays, Lesbians, and Their Families by David K. Switzer
- Peculiar People: Mormons and Same-Sex Orientation by Ron Schow, Wayne Schow, & Marybeth Raynes, Eds.
- Reclaiming the Spirit: Gay Men and Lesbians Come to Terms With Religion by David Shallenberger
- Religion Is a Queer Thing: A Guide to the Christian Faith for LGBT Persons by Elizabeth Stuart, Ed.
- Riding Wild Horses Home: A Conservative Christian Apology by Katherine W. Unthank
- Speaking of Christ: A Lesbian Feminist Voice by Carter Heyward
- Spiritual Direction and the Gay Person by James L. Empereur
- Taking a Chance on God: Liberating Theology... by John J. McNeill